Saturday, December 15, 2012

Nate & Chelsea {Wedding}

     Hello one and all!  I am so very excited to FINALLY show y'all an amazing occurrence that has taken place in my photography career!  My very first time second-shooting a wedding!!!!!!!!  A lot of you already know the story I'm sure (because I wouldn't stop talking about it to everyone and their neighbor), but I will gladly sum it up again.

On October 20th (yes October!), I had the amazing privilege of assisting and second-shooting for Alyse French Photography! Ayles's work is outstanding; capturing the very mood and telling the story of each wedding she shoots.  This inspires me tremendously!  I feel so, SO blessed to have shot along side her. The wedding was held at The Bell Tower on 34th Street.  I've got to tell you, it is the grandest place I have ever seen!  It was one amazing dream come true and sometimes I cannot believe that it was the very first wedding I ever shot.

Make sure to check Alyse's website http://www.alysefrenchphotography.com/ and follow her Facebook page, "Alyse French Photography".

To state the obvious, this post is extremely late.  I apologize for this; knowing I've kept many of you in great suspense. So without further ado, here is the story of Nate and Chelsea's wedding!

Happy Friday!


Bride's shoes

All of the girls' hair was amazing and their makeup flawless. 


Bride's party shoes!

Bridesmaids helping Chelsea put on her gown!

Bride's mother




Groomsmen helping Nate put on his bow tie.

No worries, they had instructions!

Everyone took a turn helping.

Nate and Chelsea eagerly waiting to have their "first look".
If you have never heard of a "first look", the best person to explain it is definitely Alyse!  Check out the link for a blog post by Alyse to be completely informed.



Chelsea's face lit up when she saw Nate, who was walking
backwards toward the spot of their first look.

Walking up from behind.


I spy some peekers in the back.


Oh you know, just chatting & goofing around on our way to get married! 

Although they are in love with each other, I am in love with this shot!!

Well, you know how girlfriends are.






A gorgeous, photogenic wedding party!!


Some pictures just don't need a caption.



This is my first wedding??!!




Literally, when the doors opened, there was a collective gasp among the guests as Chelsea
and her father stood at the top of the staircase.








There was a super-cool photo booth and a candy bar!



Being introduced as husband and wife into the reception - a grand entrance to say the least!

First dance!

Father-daughter dance!

Mother and son dance!



Speeches and toasts.




Cheers!!

Let the dancing begin!

One of my favorite shots from the entire day!

Sweet couples dancing.  I had to show y'all a few of them.


Bride's and groom's mothers dancing away.


They danced the night away
 . . . and Nate and Chelsea lived happily ever after.

. . . and so my wedding photography began!

4 comments:

  1. ...................*That is the stunned silence of a person who has just looked through Sarah V. Wedding Photography's first wedding post. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! They are UH-MAZING!!! Looking forward to seeing more of this incredible beautiful photography in the future. :) All the glory to God for this amazing talent he has given you. :D
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*Is what happended to my mouth, as my jaw dropped in amazement. (I had to copy you Dani, because I was stunned speechless too.) he-he :) Sarah, I asked daddy, "Have you seen these pictures?" He said, "Yes I have." He was amazed too. What a beautiful eye/perpective you have to capture the moment. So proud of you, for the way you are using this gift the Lord has given you. Giving Him all the Glory!!!!!
    Love,
    Mom <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah these are so very very good!!! What lovely shots of everything!!! :) I loved the ones outside, the lighting so perfect..you are very talented :) Keep it up Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these also, Sarah! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete