Monday, March 18, 2013

Moody Gardens & The Houston Zoo

Alright y'all!  This is the moment you've all been waiting for.  The big, animal-infested post!  First stop, Moody Gardens' Rainforest Pyramid.  The day we went, it was completely empty.  It was like we were in the forest all by ourselves.  Just us and the wild animals running around lose in the pyramid.  It was also an extremely wet day outside; raining and even pouring buckets at times.  The sound of the rain on the glass roof set the mood for our rainforest adventure. 
Hope you likey!

Side note: 
Recently I've noticed that photos on my blog look a tad blurry or kind of overlapped in a way.  It might just be me, because its my own work, but it was driving me up the wall!!!  I knew it wasn't blurry on my camera or laptop so why was it on my blog?  Well, I still don't know actually (Haha), but I have figured out that while viewing one of my posts, you can click on any of the photos and it will pop up as a slideshow!!  And best of all, the photos appear crystal clear!  Whew, now I can sleep at night. :)






There we were, walking, minding our own bees wax, and then, wham!  These little hooligans jump out of nowhere!  It was so funny!  The one on the ground was running at us with no fear.  Meanwhile, the other one was shy and kept trying to hide.

Aw, don't be shy.


I love these trees so much!  I don't know what kind they are, but they look very cool!

Whatcha lookin' at?




Yo!



These little puffs caught my eye.  Aren't they cute?


It was grooming time

It may not look like it, but this little guy was huge!!!! 


Goodbye flamingo-looking birds!




Zoo Day!!!!
The day we went to the zoo had the best weather I have ever seen at a zoo.  It was just lovely.  The lighting was perfect.  Everything in general that day was perfect.  So with out further ado, the zoo, ladies and gents.





The baby elephant was in the little pool when we walked up.  When he got out, the first thing he did was roll in the dirt and then began throwing it.  So cute!


Look at those ears!



(one of those blurry looks I was talking about earlier.  Click for slideshow and see the difference!)






Rabbits run free in the zoo.  They go in and out of the exhibits as much as they please.

"Yummy"

It's the mommy, daddy, and the baby! SO CUTE!!







I don't know about you, but I just want to hug that big, furry guy!


And last but not least, we walked by the lake at Herman Park, right outside the zoo.



Duck-infested waters

He is staring into my soul!


OK, this blows my mind!  Why are these guys running free?  We left the zoo and I expected not to see any more wild animals.  Wrong!  They were all over the park and swimming in the lake, very casually.
I don't get it!


Combination of lake, animals, trees, sky, and sky scrapers! 



The End

No comments:

Post a Comment